My Dangerous Loverboy
A campaign and website aims at raising awareness of sexual exploitation and internal trafficking. It includes a short film and educational resource for use in schools and a music video.
Type of intervention
Classroom setting, film, group work
Target groups, level of prevention and subgroups
- Communities and Families | Primary prevention | Young People (12-17 years) | Male and female | Classroom setting, film, group work | English
Young people, and frontline workers of children and young people in education, health, youth offending, police, the criminal justice system and childrens’ social care.
Eyes Wide Open Creative – a community interest company tackling Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) and internal trafficking in the UK. See www.mydangerousloverboy.com.
Mode and context of delivery
A campaign, website and a number of multi-media resources all of which focus on preventing child sexual exploitation and trafficking. Multi-media resources include a film on You Tube, a music video, an animation and an educational resource for use in schools.
Level/nature of staff expertise required
Anyone with experience of working with young people and who has an understanding of child sexual exploitation and who knows how to answer questions and respond to concerns.
Intensity/extent of engagement with target group(s)
Each of the resources varies in length. Looking at the website can take just a few minutes. Watching the music video or animation will take five to 10 minutes. The educational resource includes 20 detailed lesson plans from which to make selections to fit the time available.
Description of intervention
Eyes Wide Open Creative have set up a campaign and website which aim to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation and trafficking of young people in the UK. The website, www.mydangerousloverboy.com, includes the following multi-media resources:
- A hard-hitting film titled 'My Dangerous Loverboy' that tells the story of Jade, a girl who is groomed by her boyfriend Raz and then sexually exploited. This leads to her being trafficked and entrapped in a town far away from home.
- A multimedia healthy rekationship educational resource titled 'Love and Lies' for use by professionals with young people aged 12-17 years in schools. This includes:
- Background information and guidance for practitioners
- 20 detailed lesson plans
- Media content including the film 'My Dangerous Loverboy', music video 'Set Me Free' and the animation 'Me, Jenny and Kate'
- Group discussions and activities
Topics covered by this intervention include positive and negative relationships, self-esteem, peer pressure, grooming and sexual exploitation.
This is a new resource; therefore no evaluation is currently available.